Diesel engine 4 sale Ballarat area

For Sale & Wanted Advertisements For Parts Only. Please Read The Forum Rules Before Posting.
Roadrunner

Diesel engine 4 sale Ballarat area

Post by Roadrunner »

Hi all, I have a gemini diesel engine for sale, the 4b model. I originally purchased it to run as a generator, and did use it for a few weeks. There was some oil use, but not a great amount. the engine was ticking over very nicely until the timing belt tensioner came loose and the belt slipped off it's cogs, damaging the rocker gear, the valves look good with no sign of being bent or damaged. The alternator has been sold, but it does have a recently reconditioned starter motor with it. If your interested make an offer! Cheers Daryl.
Poida
Technical Forums Admin

Post by Poida »

you have a PM!
I try to tackle one day at a time, but often several days attack me at once.
JLconfused

Post by JLconfused »

I'm interested, although i was just wondering how much damage has been done overall? I mean that sounds pretty drastic...
Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner »

The only damage that I can find is to the rocker gear shaft and the 2 bolt on end mounts that the shaft runs in. I pulled the head off and the valves are all fine, put the head back on and had it running, but the cam doesn't receive any oil at the 2 ends, so a lobe started to wear down very quickly, so the cam is stuffed (probably bent), and the rocker gear is bent, everything else looks fine. The starter motor was a reco not too long ago, cost me nearly $300., and I only used it 5 or 6 times since putting it on. Make an offer!.

Return to “Parts”