WTB Reco Radiator for TE

For Sale & Wanted Advertisements For Parts Only. Please Read The Forum Rules Before Posting.
jac_216

WTB Reco Radiator for TE

Post by jac_216 »

If anyone knows of anyone getting rid of a reco radiator from a 81 TE,please let me know...

Thanx
Poida
Technical Forums Admin

Post by Poida »

Better mention if it's an auto tranny too.
I try to tackle one day at a time, but often several days attack me at once.
jac_216

Post by jac_216 »

Poida wrote:Better mention if it's an auto tranny too.
Does it matter does it?? :?
Poida
Technical Forums Admin

Post by Poida »

If your car is an auto then you need a radiator with an auto cooling core in the bottom tank. If yours is manual then any radiator will be fine. Just bung the auto fluid connectors with some brass caps you can get for a few dollars at Enzed.
jac_216

Post by jac_216 »

Poida wrote:If your car is an auto then you need a radiator with an auto cooling core in the bottom tank. If yours is manual then any radiator will be fine. Just bung the auto fluid connectors with some brass caps you can get for a few dollars at Enzed.
O.k well it's an auto, but it originally was manual & the radiator wasn't changed at all when it was converted to auto..... :?
FAT-GEM

te parts

Post by FAT-GEM »

i have 2 but not reco but good
and 1 is of a rodeo and bigger then gemini ones
Man life sux alot
Poida
Technical Forums Admin

Post by Poida »

jac_216 wrote:O.k well it's an auto, but it originally was manual & the radiator wasn't changed at all when it was converted to auto..... :?
So in that case you should already have an after market trans oil cooler plumbed in and you can use a manual or an auto radiator. Just make sure the trans cooler is used. The auto requires a cooler or it will overheat the fluid especially if you are loading the car up.
jac_216

Post by jac_216 »

Poida wrote:
jac_216 wrote:O.k well it's an auto, but it originally was manual & the radiator wasn't changed at all when it was converted to auto..... :?
So in that case you should already have an after market trans oil cooler plumbed in and you can use a manual or an auto radiator. Just make sure the trans cooler is used. The auto requires a cooler or it will overheat the fluid especially if you are loading the car up.
So could that be the reason I have troubles with overheating since having the car.. :cry:

Where do I get one of these Oil coolers from?
jac_216

Re: te parts

Post by jac_216 »

FAT-GEM wrote:i have 2 but not reco but good
How much do you want for the gem one? & how much to send to Newcastle 2264?
Poida
Technical Forums Admin

Post by Poida »

Not having a trans cooler of some kind will cause overheating of the transmission. I don't know that it would cause engine overheating though. Best thing to do would be to make sure the replacement radiator you buy is to suit an auto Gemini. They have two connectors in the bottom tank to attach auto cooling lines to. The box should have the appropriate connectors on the side as well. Here are a few images to show the lines and the points where they attach.

Arrows pointing to brass unions that should be screwed into transmission housing. The steel lines have brass connectors that fit into the unions.

Image Image Image
Three images showing the other end of the lines where they screw into the radiator lower tank. I don't have a radiator out of a car at the moment so I can only show it in situ.

You should be able to pick some lines up at a wreckers as long as they are inclined to save the cooling lines. Most people seem to cut them and crimp the end to simplify sealing the box up. Not often someone comes into a wreckers looking for Gemini auto cooler lines!

Now I just happen to know where you can get hold of a brand new pair of trans cooler lines if you are wanting to buy new. They are suited to all TE-TG models but they may also be adapted to TX-TD with the humped floor pans..

So if you do get hold of an auto radiator and you are also looking to buy some new lines, PM me and I'll make enquiries about the cost of posting them your way.

Have a look at some of the things I have for sale at Poida's Gemini Parts page. (Some of the images no longer appear but I'll fix that soon)

FAT-GEM

Re: te parts

Post by FAT-GEM »

jac_216 wrote:
FAT-GEM wrote:i have 2 but not reco but good
How much do you want for the gem one? & how much to send to Newcastle 2264?
i only want 20 4 it but the post could be up 2 40 bucks i mite be cheaper 2 got 1 closer
Man life sux alot

Return to “Parts”