FS VIC TG SLX 2LTR

For Sale or Wanted Car Advertisements. Please Read The Forum Rules Before Posting.
h8frds

FS VIC TG SLX 2LTR

Post by h8frds »

For Sale, TG SLX 2ltr 5 Speed 15"interceptors VIC
more pictures at the bottom guys ..
TG SLX, 2LTR, 5 Speed located in shepparton 3630

Clean Car, has had a respray a few years back, still looks nice,(although it was keyed a few weeks ago see picture) only rust that we have ever found is a small bit at bottom of rear window(just a few small bubbles).

G200 2 LTR motor:
-cam
-webber carby (will come with air cleaner in the old picture which is in the newer pictures i have added at the top)
-pacemaker extractors
-pretty sure its a electronic dizzy have a look at picture
-heavy duty clutch

-tinted windows
-lowered, thinks its on king springs, springs are not cut
-New disks and pads
-heater core has been reconditioned
-6x9's in a custom shelf

passed road worthy start of july, so shouldnt take much to get one..
was making noises from the front, do not no exactly what it was, i thought it could be a wheel bearing or a warped disk, i changed the wheel bearing with a second hand one i had off my other gemmi, and it seems that it has fixed the problem. i will supply 2 second hand disks also just in case, but it has got new disks and pads anyway so it should be right.

Registration: TG2LTR till Jan. (although plates could be sold separate)

WHEEL SELECTION:
i have stock 13" with hub caps granny spec. good tred
i have 13" te slx, not really good tred but do have 3 spare tires that are rw'ish
and i have 15" interceptors which are on the car atm. that have good tred also

i haven't decided which wheels it will come with, but at this stage it will probably come with the TE wheels depending on the price the car sells for. will not come with the head unit. the steering wheel will be stock, but i can suply a boss kit if wanted..

im asking 4500 ono.. as is.. car could end up back on ebay soon also..

0439005166 text or call. if i don't answer leave a message ill call you back.

h8frds

Post by h8frds »

i might consider swaps let me no what u have..

car is advertised on ozgemini.com
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... hp?t=37020
and at the moment is on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Gemini-TG-SLX-2- ... 172wt_1137
h8frds

Post by h8frds »

heres some more pictures, of the damage for being keyed, also of the interceptors

at this stage i don't have hub caps for it i just tired some on it to see if they'd fit..
IZU069
Isuzu Master

Post by IZU069 »

The dizzy looks electronic (2 wires).
Looks like a Datsun/Nissan dizzy and cap. Although it's an expensive (and silly) way to do it, at least the caps and rotor are half the price of the Gemini (RB & T-series). [I'm assuming the cap & rotor is GM520 & GM517.]
Isuzu means a lot to me
(Caveat: But I've never owned a Gemini)
h8frds

Post by h8frds »

thanks, yeah it was already on the car when i got it ..
IZU069
Isuzu Master

Post by IZU069 »

Yeah - sorry - I didn't mean to imply you were silly etc....

/I can summarise the following rant with:
To convert ANY G-series distributor to electronic, use a T-series Gemini dizzy with the (early) RB-Gemini reluctor guts.
If it's for single input EFI (like Delco and many others), then only the reluctor need be installed and its wires extended to the external EFI or HEI etc.
Only "dumb" EFIs that require a ref signal require other dizzies else a CAS - ie, need signals other than the 4 spark timings.
Summary ends./

As to my rant, it's just that I see lots of bullsh regarding reluctor inaccuracy (LOL!) or other aftermarket systems that are simply outdated crap. You can pay $hundreds$ for some that are merely points eliminators! You are better off buying a CDI or HEI that at least gives a reasonable engine boost - and preserves the points.
Did you know there are even microprocessor points replacement systems? Yep - a uPC to "control" the spark.... (It's ok - they don't sell in Australia for fear of the ACCC.)

I see lots of converted or grafted dizzies which are nothing more than money spinners (pun intended) for some & taken from the gullible.
It is easy modifying the standard G-Z engine series dizzy (Gemini etc) to electronic, yet people STILL have Camira tops grafted on - though they are usually for EFI, but the Gemini conversion (with Camira igniter/HEI) is far superior.
Same for other dizzies (Magna etc) - especially when a ref point is not required (as with the Camira & Delco, and many other EFIs). Not that all the Magnas etc (usually HKZ101 Hall Modules) have a ref point - some are single output making them the same as the Gemini conversion (which used RB-Gemini bits) except that yet again, the RB conversion is superior. And cheaper!

That Nissan conversion was common because if its D4-series distributors which are the same series as G-series twincams etc.
Your cap and rotor is probably the same as the Bellett/Wasp/Florian etc and early G-twincams. They shared the same points etc with many Nissans & Datsuns.

At least the right conversion can give benefits. But older systems like the Camira (multipole reluctor) or with sandwich plates (instead of a Gemini-style "bearing" points/breaker plate) - what a waste!
But people love taking money. Last week I saw bidding start at $30 for what is a 20c diode to increase the output voltage of alternators. (Batteries and their charging is another good money spinner in this country.)
Hence my rant - I hate waste.
And I hate seeing that sort of advantage taken of people.

Apols for the hijacking rant.
But it looks like a real nice Gemini. And at least the dizzy isn't a inferior graft!
Isuzu means a lot to me
(Caveat: But I've never owned a Gemini)
h8frds

Post by h8frds »

oh nah thats fine i was happy for the input as i wasn't sure what kind it was etc.. its always good to hear from people that actually know what they are looking at and can explain things for me..

Return to “Cars”