FS 81 TE Sedan - Vic

For Sale or Wanted Car Advertisements. Please Read The Forum Rules Before Posting.
Mattyskeese
Regular

FS 81 TE Sedan - Vic

Post by Mattyskeese »

Hi all, I'm selling my old project car as I've lost interest. Most of the major body works are done.
Drivetrain
It has a G200 engine I had rebuilt and painted myself. It did about 5,000km till it was garaged. I'm pretty sure I posted someting about the rebuild on the forums a while back. If I remember correctly, nothing fancy was done, all factory specs. The only bad thing is that it leaks oil from the inlet manifold. I had the genious idea of using bolts instead of studs to try and make the job easier. The bolt holes go through to oil! Not a major fault but annoying none the less. The carby on it is no good, idle solenoid I was told. I have twin downdraft webers and two manifolds to suit so the current carby can be tossed anyway. Radiator was re-cored with the rebuild so that should be good.
Gearbox is a 5 speed. The diff needs a mount on the front and is welded (it was like that when i got it). It's sitting on standard height Pedders sports springs and shockers. There is another set of pedders springs which I never tried out but was told that they sit a bit lower.
Exterior
It's painted a shade darker than the EF/EL Falcon grey, except the engine bay which is still pruple. I couldn't remove the engine at the time and figured I'd get to it at a later stage but never did. Fuel flap is painted but missing one hinge. New stone guard on the front. TF rear lights, I think. Newish TE front lights, used but very reflective. Grille has been tossed out as I was planning to use a TF front instead. Windows look shoddy and need replacing. I have a brand new windscreen and a second hand rear window (not sure if the demister works). I'm pretty sure I have a roll of door and boot seal lying around somewhere which I can dig up if someone wants it. I have solex locks but it's looking a bit aged now. Got a new aerial too.
Inteior
The interior needs a complete makeover. Front seats are light brown and the back seat is from an R33 Skyline. They don't look too flash and need to be replaced. Carpet is looped black but old and the roof lining has been tossed out. I believe it was light blue vinyl which had been sprayed matte black so it wasn't worth keeping anyway. The dash is in fairly good nick, no holes or massive cracks and I have it loosely sitting in place, also have two of the original clock displays. Cluster I got for it reads about 180k off the top of my head (I'll have to check) and has the tacho rather than the very useful vacuum gauge. Door linings need to be replaced or at least re-skinned. Basically the interior is where I got up to before I started losing interest so it needs the most work.

That's all I can remember for now. Not sure about an asking price just yet but will consider sensible offers. Just ask if there's anything you want to know. I'd rather set everything as a set rather than in pieces so please don't ask me to separate things for now, maybe later. I have a few old pics but I'll take some on the weekend when I get some time for something more recent.
Slippery when dry.

Return to “Cars”