FOR SALE - Diesel conversion project for TE-TG Gemini

For Sale or Wanted Car Advertisements. Please Read The Forum Rules Before Posting.
Poida
Technical Forums Admin

FOR SALE - Diesel conversion project for TE-TG Gemini

Post by Poida »

THIS CAR IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE COMPLETE... Still selling parts though.

The car is on the Vic/NSW border and it's a more or less complete TE diesel sedan. The few bits and pieces that are missing from it are irrelevant and won't affect the conversion.

The car can still be driven but it's unregistered, not capable of being passed for a roadworthy and should really be trailered. You could buy a permit to drive an unregistered vehicle but if you were pulled over on the way I suspect you'd be defected. This car is absolutely cactus body wise. It's a rust bucket and it has passed it's use by date as far as the body shell goes. It is to be sold as a parts car for a conversion, not as a car to be restored. Even the interior is second rate because it's been sitting with a removed window glass so dust and water (and spiders!) have gotten in on the cloth seat fabric, but the seats would probably clean up with some TLC.

The odometer shows ~239,000km and the car was manufactured in 3/81. If this car interests you then reply or PM me. I'll probably list it on eBay if no one here expresses interest.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

NOTE: I also have numerous other diesel components such as rear axle assemblies and 5 speed gearboxes that I can sell individually if anyone is looking for these.
I try to tackle one day at a time, but often several days attack me at once.
Poida
Technical Forums Admin

Post by Poida »

No one interested in a diesel conversion package? I know there were a couple of people on OzGemini who were looking to convert a petrol car over to diesel.

Pretty hard to beat for economy driving especially if you do a lot of kilometers.

I'll place it on eBay thiss weekend if no one shows interest.

I also have loose diesel 5 speed gearboxe as well as rear axle assemblies (diff, brakes, tailshaft and torque tube mount member) if anyone is interested.
unimog

diff

Post by unimog »

how much for a diesel diff and where are you
Poida
Technical Forums Admin

Post by Poida »

I'd like $300 for a complete rear axle assembly. That includes torque tube, front mounting member and brakes. It will be removed from a car that I was able to drive so I know was running properly, not from some dead body that I cannot tell how it went.

I'm on the NSW/Vic border so I'd have to try and organise some sort of interstate freight thing at your cost if you wish to go with it. .

One option, mght be able to slip it into a truck run with a mate if he takes an open load but you'd have to be able to pick it up when it gets there. He wouldn't be able to drop it at a depot or anything. Hard to do local deliveries with a B double!
Poida
Technical Forums Admin

Post by Poida »

Ok, so no one is intersted in this car?

What about that diff then, not wanting to buy it?
SoYank
Spam Hunter

Post by SoYank »

I know the diesels engine mounts & crossmember are in a different location than gas(petrol) G-powered Gems - (And receptive to 4Z swaps :wink: ). What's the difference, advantage, handicap of the differential? Servicing my rear brakes last week I found out my I-mark has the import/diesel diff (& no rear swaybar nor mounts for 1 :( ). Parts catalogs list shoes for all 81 - 85 RWD as the same PN regardless of fuel type.
Poida
Technical Forums Admin

Re: FOR SALE - Diesel conversion project for TE-TG Gemini

Post by Poida »

I'm not sure about the US rear axles. In Australia a certain amount of local components were required for the car to no longer be considered an 'import' which attracted higher taxes... so rear axle asemblies were produced locally. That included the diff assembly, axles, diff casing and brakes. Our local parts were all sourced from other model Holden cars in production at the time and modified to suit the smaller Gemini. GM are big on doin things that way, for example, our HK, HT and HG Monaro cars (became our 70's muscle cars) were all fitted with locally made rear axle assemblies except for the 'Bathurst' model (the actual muscle car verison) which had the EXACT same 'Positraction' 10 bolt rear axle assembly as was used in the Camaro of the same years in US. Brakes, diff, EVERYTHING is the same. Even the part numbers correspond with the Camaro parts system.
ghemini
Regular

Post by ghemini »

7 years for an answer...not bad :oops: :mrgreen:
IZU069
Isuzu Master

Post by IZU069 »

Yeah, some of these noobs just don't get it.

Next you know they'll be wanting a knighthood.
Isuzu means a lot to me
(Caveat: But I've never owned a Gemini)
Poida
Technical Forums Admin

Post by Poida »

Yeah, internet lag's a bitch. Musta got stuck in the dead message department.
IZU069
Isuzu Master

Post by IZU069 »

I must remember that - I'm still blaming my big crash. Then again, I haven't bothered retrieving my old info - I thought about who keps asking for it? Not me! I find I have the ability for greenfields solutions anyhow. Maybe I've joined the <unamed> EMS & pre-Gemini forum attitude - "it'd be a shame if everyone had the same solution".
I still wonder why I take 10 minutes and find the 5c and $200 solutions whilst others spend weeks & $50 to $4,000 for inferior solutions. But hey, if that's a problem, its theirs - not mine (except for the sh*t I have to put up with afterwards...).
Oh well, another reason to being one step closer to being internet free. (Back to encrypted aarpanet for me!)

But otherwise....
Nice to hear you flutter Sir Poida. Still on that other forum? Someone asked me if I wanted to part with one of my G200Ws - apparently some recent forum inquiry. (I told them to get that $500 eBay Bellett GTR (NOT 117!) G161W - one of the few I've seen with original fittings. They're probably silly enough to get it.)

See ya next year... maybe.
(PS - UBS wipers installed in the Wasp. Now DIYing a mech fuel pump rebuild and replumbing for 'toggle switch redundancy' with the existing temporary Facet pump.
Isuzu means a lot to me
(Caveat: But I've never owned a Gemini)

Return to “Cars”